Corporate Governance system
In compliance with the provisions of Borsa Italiana, Consob, the SEC and the NYSE, our corporate governance systems meets the highest standards of the sector
Luxottica Group S.p.A. is a company listed on Borsa Italiana and on the New York Stock Exchange. It has a traditional management and control system. Luxottica Group S.p.A. complies with the Code of Conduct prepared by the Committee for Corporate Governance of Listed Companies promoted by Borsa Italiana S.p.A. which text is available on the website www.borsaitaliana.it.
On December 31, 2012, Luxottica Group is made up of 159 companies in Europe, America, Australia and New Zealand, China, South Africa and the Middle East. Its operations are particularly significant in terms of product turnover and personnel in Europe, North America, Australia and China.
The corporate governance system of the parent company, applicable to all the companies within the Luxottica Group, is based on five key principles:
- defined, acknowledged and shared values, which are set out in the Code of Ethics;
- central role of the Board of Directors;
- effectiveness and transparency of management decisions;
- implementation of an adequate internal control system; and
- implementation of proper and transparent rules regarding transactions carried out by related parties and the protection of confidential information.
Our governance is established in compliance with the provisions of Borsa Italiana, Consob, the SEC and the NYSE, according to the highest standards of corporate governance.