Luxottica Group: net sales up in the first quarter of 2016
Stockholders at the General Meeting approve the 2015 financial statements and an ordinary dividend of Euro 0.89 per share, +24% versus the ordinary dividend paid in 2015
- Group’s first quarter net sales: +3.8% at constant exchange rates2 on a reported basis to Euro 2,266 million (+2.5% at current exchange rates)
- Wholesale division’s net sales: +2.1% at constant exchange rates2 to Euro 935 million (-0.6% at current exchange rates)
- Retail division’s net sales: +5.0% at constant exchange rates2 on a reported basis to Euro 1,331 million (+4.8% at current exchange rates)
- Retail Division’s comparable store sales4 +1.6%
- Solid growth in the optical business
Milan (Italy), April 29, 2016 – The Board of Directors of Luxottica Group S.p.A. (MTA: LUX; NYSE: LUX), a leader in the design, manufacture, distribution and sale of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear, met today to review the consolidated net sales for the first quarter of 2016 in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as issued by the International Accounting Standards Board.
As previously announced, Luxottica will no longer publish its first quarter and third quarter earnings release and management statement but will continue to report half-year and full-year consolidated results. This change in the Group’s reporting calendar allows it to better represent the evolution and health of its business.